CHEO held the first homeschool Commencement Ceremony in 1992. The purpose for this event:
- To bring honor and glory to God.
- To act as ambassadors for home education in Ohio by demonstrating educational excellence, perseverance and faithfulness.
- To celebrate with the graduates and their families at the end of a wonderful journey.
In order to assure that this ceremony is held to the highest possible standards, the CHEO Board has included a simple application process that began with the Graduating Class of 2005.
Application includes some of the following:
- Graduates agree to comply with modest dress requirements and appropriate behavior expectations.
- Parents will need to be current members of CHEO.
- Parents must have notified their local superintendent per the homeschool regulations (Ohio Revised Code 3301-34-03) for the graduate’s senior year. Notification form: download notification form
- 100% of academics need to be generally directed and provided by the parents. This may include dual enrollment.
- The registration fee covers the cost of a graduation cap/gown/tassel, a beautiful diploma provided for the parents to confer on the student, and all handling/shipping fees. The cap/gown are the CHEO color of Peacock Teal and will belong to the student after the event.
Registration fees are as follows:
*Early Bird Registration: $ 90 (August 1 – October 31, 2019)
*Regular Registration: $120 (November 1 – January 31, 2020)
*Late Registration: $150 (February 1 – April 6, 2020)
All registrations must be submitted and/or postmarked no later than April 6, 2020.