Legislative Alert – Action Needed – OHIO VACCINE BILL
Sub. H.B. 248: (see link at the bottom – underlined language is proposed NEW law)
This bill would revise and enact Ohio law to “prohibit mandatory vaccinations and vaccination status disclosures” among other details.
Primary sponsor: State Representative Jennifer Gross
- Prohibits businesses, government agencies, schools (public or private, including colleges), public officials, day care centers, nursing homes, and employers from requiring individuals to receive a vaccine.
- Prohibits the same entities above from requiring individuals to disclose their vaccine status or participate in a vaccine registry (i.e. vaccine passport)
- Prohibits the same entities above from discriminating against or penalizing individuals who decline to receive a vaccine or decline to participate in a vaccine registry (i.e. vaccine passport)
- Prohibits state and local health orders from being issued that violate these provisions.
- K-12 public schools have a vaccine opt-out provision in current law. This bill requires schools to inform parents they can opt out.
In essence this bill allows individuals to make this health care decision without coercion and provides that medical privacy is honored.
Please contact your own State Representative and ask him/her to support Substitute HB 248.
You can determine who represents you at this link: https://www.legislature.ohio.gov
For all those who submitted witness testimony or appeared in person, we appreciate your commitment to participate in this process.
Download PDF: Sub House Bill 248: